Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Printmaking


The process I went through to make this print had many steps.  I started by picking two different animals with texture, which were a jellyfish and a stingray.  I also chose four different landscapes that I could put those animals in.  I ended up chosing to do a jellyfish in the desert.  Then, I drew the jellyfish in the desert and planned how it would look on the linoleum.  When I got it to look the way I wanted, I transfered the picture onto the linoleum with tracing paper.  After I got it onto the linoleum, I cut out all of the black so that it would contrast against the white and create a stamp.  Then, I started the printing process.  I rolled ink onto my stamp and then layed it on the paper to create a print.  I did this five times. 

My thoughts on this project are that it took a long time and was stressful at some points, but overall I enjoyed it and had a good outcome, which was a success.  I had many challenges, like cutting the linoleum and putting it on the paper to make the print look neat. 

From this project, I have learned how to make prints.  I learned how to incorperate different textures and patterns.  It taught me to use my time wisely and work efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment