Thursday, March 21, 2013

Stencil Project

This stencil project had many steps in order to get the final outcome.  I started by taking a picture of my friend.  Then, using photoshop, I took out the photo's original value colors and replaced them with four new colors.  I printed out the picture with its new values and took a picture of it to project it onto the wall.  I traced each of the four values onto four different poster boards.  After that, I cut out each poster board as a stencil.  One at a time, I spray painted each stencil of value onto a peice of cardboard using the colors: black, blue, pink, and white.  When I was done spraying all of the stencils, my original picture with the four values was transfered onto the cardboard. This was a fun experience for me because I have never done anything like it.  I have never used spray paint before, so it was challenging at first.  It was difficult and time consuming to cut out all of the stencils with a exact-o-knife. Overall, I believe that my stencil was a success and looked some what like my original picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment